Monday, June 11, 2007

Boise Idaho

Wednesday June 6th-
I don’t know why but 72% of all flights in 2007 have been delayed and my return flight to Boise was no exception. My new friend Beau was waiting for me as I emerged from the terminal and we were both excited for the days ahead. Beau had set up some TV media to meet with me which would give exposure to both my walk and to the Z-coil line of shoes. My late arrival crept into the tight schedule we had for the day and we did not arrive back at the office where we were to meet with the news until nearly 4:00 while they had anticipated us at 3:00... so Beau went about rescheduling me for the next day. I was not worried as the walk has shown me how when you are flexible things actually turn out for the better. In the Afternoon I met with Dr. Kevin Hearon who had his chiropractic office conjoined with the Z-coil dealership to offer both services and benefits in conjunction. He skillfully examined the calluses that had built on my foot and could tell where I had been applying my weight when I walked. He tested the flexion of my joints in the foot and with precise force smacked my feet and loosened the tight and stiff joints. He created a custom heat molded orthodic to my foot and then cut out a piece of it right behind the joint for my big toe in order to give me increased range of motion in my big toe.

At the close of business I went with Beau to see his garden where he has planted eggplant, peas, potatoes, and tomatoes. He watered the plants and told me about his friend who invents Artificial Intelligence Robots that can mimic learning and can interact via spoken word. We then went back to Beau’s home where his older daughter Camilla had dinner waiting waiting for us. I did not get to meet his wife Lynn until later as she works the evening shift. Beau has four fabulous children, Camilla, Sarah, Lydia (peanut), and David. They all were such a joy and so well mannered. Camilla had a friend over and they sang together so beautifully. Beau got out his guitar and we had a musical evening singing everything from Little Red Ridinghood to Donovan’s Catch the Wind. After the kids went to sleep, Beau and I spent the evening philosophizing and speaking on human growth and potential. Forgiveness of our own personal devils we agreed can free us to unlock our own potential and see ourselves for what we truly are.

Thursday- Had a big breakfast with Beau and the kids before heading into the Foot Professional office. We had rescheduled channel 7 news interview for 2:00 in the afternoon so I spent the early part of the day doing yoga, reading, relaxing, and visiting with PJ and April, Beau’a colleagues. PJ and April were very sweet and the whole team seemed to get along very well together. Beau’s Wife Lynn brought lunch to us at the office and Oh Boy these were the most marvelous sandwiches in the world! At 2:00 Kaycee Murray from channel 7 arrived and we had a great 15 minute interview!

PJ was very kind and let me use the car to get to Downtown Boise where I spent the afternoon walking around and checking out the very cool scene. It was the First Thursday of the Month and that is the time when in Boise all the artists set up booths and share their gift with the public. I met a very special young artist named Casey Rae who used her art to express her spiritual understandings. She has produced a series of pieces depicting the medicinal healings of certain spirits. She had Apostle Raven on display and its varied textures and mediums used in a single portrayal indicated to me the shifting levels of consciousness and the varying perceptions of this earthy and ancient spirit. I have been out in the high desert and have seen ravens and her depiction really brought home the energy I had become in tune with on the walk.

Serendipitously I also ran into some friends of Camilla who had just gotten out of school for the year and they were parading around town with their tambourine bringing joy and smiles to all they encountered! Amy and Jenny were their names and they went around asking people if they could take photos with them and their tambourine... well I had my camera out too and got a photos with them as well... I told them to check out the website and they were like... Are you the guys walking across the country?.... Yep, how did you know I asked. They told me they were classmates with Camilla. Small world:-)

Boise is great with a beautiful historic downtown and capital building, great shops and cafes. Lots of public art and a great series of parks and monuments along the green belt in downtown. I explored Ann Morrison Park, the Boise Depot and lots of great spots on Main Street and Idaho street.

I returned back to the office and bid farewell to PJ and April. Beau and I again went to his garden to pick some peas and I got to meet his friends Meagan and her mom who had just come in from a great day of horse riding. Back at home we again had a great dinner and I got to see some photos of Beau’s hobby which is stunt make-up and it looks very real and very gruesome:-) I really enjoyed playing with Sweet David and Lydia. David is just learning to speak and he always has this great smile on his face. Beau and I stayed up to watch the news to see what they said about me... and there I was on TV with my walking stick. But it was a very brief segment and they used a reporters voice over instead of my own voice. I dont know why it was so short but it was pretty cool anyways. They mentioned the Z-coils and spoke about what I was doing but they didn’t mention the website address. I think tomorrows morning show will play out much better. We had an early morning the next day so we crashed out.

The photos are great so make sure you visit the photo page!

No comments:

MySpace Tracker