Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 47 Mile 636-654

Had breakfast at the Prairie kitchen and met Laura who I also ran into again on the 20 later in the day. Inside I met Dorthy Schmidt who told me to stop by the Union Pacific Caboose which was the town info center. Inside I met Derral and Arlee Hupfer and signed the town guest book. Made it to Moonstone landing on the Magic Reservoir where there is the bluest water contrasted against the canyon walls. The rich blue of the water, the blue of the sky, the green of the brush and the red of the rock all delineated clearly from one another presented itself so vividly as the evening sun shone directly on it all with out casting a shadow. I draped my feet over the dock and let them soak before going back to set up camp. Had to stake the tent down so that I would not fly into the reservoir. Have you seen the clear sky from 6,000 feet with not a single light on around you for miles? I have!

No comments:

MySpace Tracker