Monday, June 11, 2007

WFP Break

Had a great day at the Eagle Island State park and went swimming in the lake. Dad got to town and we drove around looking for a place that would serve us dinner at 10:30 at night and we got some great chinese and went to the motel 6 by the airport. The next day dad and I had a great time exploring Boise. We started by going to meet Beau Avery at Foot Professionals and getting my walk checked out on this treadmill with a camera watching my feet so that we could find out if I was walking right. Beaus made some adjustments and we planned to meet again so I could see the doctor and maybe meet with some reporters when I came back from my cousin Heather’s wedding. Dad and I went out and about and check out an estate sale where I got an original printing of Mark Twain’s The Innocents Abroad. We checked out the Freeway leaving Boise to see how the next leg of my Journey would be. We went to an Egyptian Restaurant recommended by Beau called the Aladdin. Checked out Ann Morrison park, campus and the train depot. Switched our room to Inn America, the hotel next door because Motel 6 raised their rates for the weekend and the rooms next door were nicer. We got cheesecake form the Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed it in our new room. Took off the next day driving to see my God Father Alex in Leavenworth Washington. On the drive up I had my dad listen to the story The Alchemist. When we got to Leavenworth, We had a great BBQ with Alex, Rod, and Linda! I stayed up with Alex half the night and ended up camping out by the river that goes by his place. Breakfast in the Morning at Crystals and Alex sent me on my way with a sturdy compass and sundial just like the ones Rogers’ Rangers used to use.

I went to Vancouver BC with Ali Reza to see Ali and his girlfriend Salimeh, Reza, and my sweet Hannah and Rosstin. I got to see Ethan and Jamie. I stopped in to say hi to Sarah at my favorite hangout the Mirkwood Cafe in Downtown Arlington. I had coffee with Robin Foster and some of the best teachers from when I was in Middle School. Happy retirement to Mr. Kjargaard and Mr. Knoepfle. I tried to get together with Jeremy Faxon... but ferry schedules were not cooperating:-) I got to see my grandma Mahin, aunt Mimi, uncle Saeed, and my cousin Ali and Laura and their kids Nicholas, Anayat, and Bijan. I had an interview with the Arlington Times which should be coming out in the coming weeks. I popped in to see Uncle Barry and aunt Shahaz at Snoqualmie Gourmet Ice-Cream and they were doing a benefit for the Childrens Hospital... I am very proud of all they do! Also I got news that my Cousin Salma is going to have a Baby! Congrats to Salma and Martin:-)

The wedding was beautiful and my little Cousin Heather drove off to start a life! I got to see family and also Jackie Ollen and Cory DeFord, school friends of mine from grade school and middle school that I had not seen in forever. My cousin Matt is also going to be married soon! Congrats Matt and Gienelle!

I got to visit with The Shull Family and Ethan got to come over for Breakfast one morning. I also visited with dear Natalie and her mom Linda!

I had a wonderful evening with the Fosters. Thank you Kirsten for the wonderful meal and its always sucha treat to visit with Sarah, Emily, and Rachel. Thanks for the Bill Cosby tracks!

Thanks Mom for the Banana Bread! Back on the Plane for Boise to pick up where I left off!

No comments:

MySpace Tracker