Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 51 Mile 706-724

Spent the early part of the day reading the markers and signs at the visitors center. Pushed on down the hill towards Arco. Was cruising right along and was almost there when a herbicide truck went by spraying the side of the road... anyway, the wind blew it up on to me and I decided that I better hurry up and get to Arco and get this stuff off... it stank and my eyes were watering. So a young gentleman, Adam Schriber gave me a lift the rest of the way into town. He was a great guy and was on his way to meet his girlfriend in Jackson Wyoming. He has a great job as a nature guide and river rafting leader catering to rich recreationalists. Arco is a great little community and is the first city ever powered by a nuclear reactor. I would like to give a very special thank you to Nicole at the D-K Motel for putting me up for the night. A wonderful room and shower is the greatest gift I can receive:-) And all of you should thank her as well because only from the comfort of a motel room do I feel like posting entries on the website;-) I got a great deli sandwich from the deli shop in town and then took it over to the laundry mat next door to eat while I did my laundry and watched TV. I bought some icecream too! Now I’m here in the room posting to the site. Goodnight:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alborz
You are having a great time by the sounds of it.
Glad I didn't have to hear the Neil Diamond! :)
rf
You looked great on the TV spot... a bit nervous?!? :)
kf
Sounds like you are having a ball! Keep on walking!
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hey Borz--

I finally got a chance to see you in the news show... I had to watch at my parent's house. Just wanted to let you know that your Arlington article was in the paper last week, when we went to get tickets for Duck Dash from the pharmacy we saw it and bought one. :)

--Bri

Eileen said...

WTG Alborz...Have you hit Yellowstone yet? Such a GREAT place to be!!! You are gathering such wonderful memories, friends, and life experiences! Awesome!
Hugs, eileen

MySpace Tracker