Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 44 Mile 578-592

Started the day back in at AJ’s for the Salad Bar. Pushed off into the desert and hills. Golden ground under golden skies. It was a hot day. Setup camp off the road and waited for sunset. Played some harmonica. Decided that since I still 44 miles into my next town that I could treat myself to some delivery food and water. Called three Pizza places in Mountain Home and there was a very kind gentleman named Otto who delivered for Dominos that volunteered to take the 14 mile delivery trip on his break. He got to me just after dark and I had my light out so that he could find me at the turn off just past mile post 108. He is also a technician in the US Airforce and he gave me a Mountain Home Airforce Base Medallion to carry with me on my walk. He brought me plenty of water and a great vegi pizza with extra pineapple and tomatoes!

No comments:

MySpace Tracker