Saturday, June 02, 2007

Where am I?

My sweet Cousin Heather is getting married tomorrow and I am away from route 20 for her wedding. I will be back in Boise Idaho this Wednesday to continue the trek. My dad came to pick me up from Boise on Memorial Day weekend and I got to visit my Godfather Alex on the way home. Alex sent me on my way with a compass just like those of Rogers' Rangers and it has a sun dial to tell the time. I stayed up and enjoyed his company and camped out by the river next to his home. I wish you all could have the pleasure of meeting my Godfather Alex. His presence enriches the lives around him.

This past week I have been visiting with friends and enjoying home cooking. I went to Vancouver BC with Ali Reza to see Ali and his girlfriend Salimeh, Reza, and my sweet Hannah and Rosstin. I got to see Ethan and Jamie. I stopped in to say hi to Sarah at my favorite hangout the Mirkwood Cafe in Downtown Arlington. I had coffee with Robin Foster and some of the best teachers from when I was in Middle School. Happy retirement to Mr. Kjargaard and Mr. Knoepfle. I tried to get together with Jeremy Faxon... but ferry schedules were not cooperating:-) I got to see my grandma Mahin, aunt Mimi, uncle Saeed, and my cousin Ali and Laura and their kids Nicholas, Anayat, and Bijan. I had an interview with the Arlington Times which should be coming out in the coming weeks. I popped in to see Uncle Barry and aunt Shahaz at Snoqualmie Gourmet Ice-Cream and they were doing a benefit for the Childrens Hospital... I am very proud of all they do! Also I got news that my Cousin Salma is going to have a Baby! Congrats to Salma and Martin:-) The rehearsal for Heathers wedding went well and I am excited for tomorrow!

I have changed the blog so that you no longer have to be a registered user to post comments... so Please start posting away.

Also I would like to put together a mailing list so that I can email you when I update the page and with important news. I would also like to know who is tracking me on my way... so if you could email me a quick note that includes your email adress, you name, and where you are visiting the site from plus anything else you would like to tell me that would be very much appreciated. Email me at alborz@walkforprogress.com to join the mailing list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am a co-worker of your mom's and following your trip because Robin Foster gave us the heads up. I follow you from school and can access ny account from home throughout the summer. You are doing a fabulous thing and the daily postings are wonderful. Thanks for changing the blog to be able to make comeents without registering. It's a time thing for me. You are in my thoughts. Keep on keeping on!
HUGS:) Carol Lundberg carol_lundberg@asd.wednet.edu

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am a co-worker of your mom's and following your trip because Robin Foster gave us the heads up. I follow you from school and can access ny account from home throughout the summer. You are doing a fabulous thing and the daily postings are wonderful. Thanks for changing the blog to be able to make comeents without registering. It's a time thing for me. You are in my thoughts. Keep on keeping on!
HUGS:) Carol Lundberg carol_lundberg@asd.wednet.edu

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you Alborz!
More people are keeping track of you than you know. Enjoy the Bill Cosby and keep that spring in your step.


rf

Anonymous said...

Oh fine, you didn't like the chicken, huh? Just because I told you to stay out of the refrigerator... Grandma was mentioned, but not the Fosters. sigh. Now we'll never be famous like you. :)
We miss you already, Alborz! Next time we'll take you out to Neapolis.
The girls send you their love!
kf
P.S. KIRSTEN needs the iphone, right?!

MySpace Tracker