Friday, August 03, 2007

Day 53

Busy day today! Breakfast of cinnamon roll, Yogurt Parfait, juice, and hot cocoa served to the door. I was just getting excited about hopping in that tub when the room phone rings... Nick tells me that Channel 3 is here to interview me! I throw on my walking clothes and run down to meet Abbey. She does a great interview with me for over two hours and gets a lot of great answers... of course on the nightly news it came out to be less than a minute but it was still too cool! About an hour later Channel 6 came to do an interview as well. So I was on both the channel 3 and channel 6 six o’ clock news. Channel 3 invited me for tomorrows morning show and I gladly accepted. This means that I need to stay in town longer than just today and the Destinations Inn offered to let me stay longer than just the one night. Tomorrow night there is the Taste of Idaho Festival as well that runs until late in the evening so Nick even offered me the third night so that I could really get to see Idaho Falls. At five o’clock I went to check out the downtown scene during the live at five gathering that Idaho Falls has every week in the summer. There was live music and food and beverages were catered and there were crowds of families and kids. I just watched people for a long time and observed a group of kids as they played and teased and figured out their social roles. They were probably ten years old and the girls were just making steam come out of this one boys ears as the two younger girls kept tagging him and yelling “tag! yourit!” right in his face when what he really wanted to do was play with the girl who was his age but he was to shy to interact with her... she asked him to dance with a curtsey and an outstretched hand and he didn’t know what to do... five minutes later he was showing off his break dancing moves. Watching kids stumble through new social situations should be a reality TV show... (not really, I am in no means suggesting the exploitation of innocence for ratings:-)

I met a delightful 3 year old named Mishan who loved the walking staff and me taking pictures of him. His older sister was so sweet and explained that he only speaks Russian. She told me that they are visiting here from Russia but when I spoke to their Dad Sergei he told me that they have lived in Idaho Falls for five years since before the kids were born:-) Sergei is a Gymnastics instructor and is enjoying life and raising a family in Idaho Falls. He says there are probably 50 other Russian families in Idaho Falls so he has lots of friends and a community to interact with.

I met Marla and Lyla. Marla who had seen me watching people commented that I “have a very peaceful Aura”.

I had a bite at the Snake Bite restaurant and headed back to Thailand which is where I would stay this evening. The Steam shower was an amazing experience. 120 degree steam surrounded me while cool water came from the shower head. when ever I would get to warm from the steam I would just plunge my head under the cold shower and be so refreshed.

No comments:

MySpace Tracker