Friday, August 03, 2007

Day 73 Mile 1185-1210

Casper to GlenRock
Oil wells and natural gas refineries stretch out from Casper for a while. The railroad and other industrial yards and some Haliburton warehouses line the road. Wyoming’s economy is booming with many workers coming out here to work in oil, coal, and other kinds of mining and refining. Wyoming ran a $900 million dollar surplus and is a very tax friendly state for business. Glenrock has lots of trees and is green. I stayed at the historical Hotel Higgens. I heard that the hotel is haunted... I was hoping to meet someone but no one came to visit me. I had fish and chips for Dinner in the Paisley Shaw restaurant and enjoyed the history of the Paisley Shaw building and their gallery. My room had beautiful hand crafted antique furniture and and old fashioned tub and fixtures.

No comments:

MySpace Tracker