Friday, August 03, 2007

Day 57 Mile 808-823

Met the most wonderful couple today at the RiverRest Bed and Breakfast just past the town of St. Anthony. I stopped by and they offered to let me camp by their riverside for the night and gave me a great futon to sleep on. Before turning in however I visited with Ella and Don for hours. They made some great vegi-burgers and bowls of fresh fruit with strawberries from their garden. Don is retired from the INL and Ella has been running this B&B for the last 5 years. They have two grown daughters, Grandchildren and even Great Grandchildren. When Ella’s mom came to visit they had five generations in the house together! Ella and Don and I spoke on international issues and politics. I shared some of my research on Iran - U.S. relations and on the Water issues confronting Israel and Palestine. We explored matters of faith and discussed parables and teachings of the bible. The love in this house was beautiful and I really felt at home.

No comments:

MySpace Tracker