Friday, August 03, 2007

Day 59 Mile 837-862

Ashton to Island Park

Woke up this delightful morning to a much needed shower provided by the sprinkler systems as four of them came to life at 5 am to soak me and my tent and pack through. The night desk clerk let me come in to one of the extra rooms and sleep a little more and then have a warm shower before I push off. Hawaiian sandwich at Big Juds and I was off once again with the Grand Tetons to the right and the musings of the Dali Lama on science and faith and their convergence in methods in my ear. Made a large ascent today up Ashton Hill. On the way into Island Park, I met a group three kids in their early 20’s heading into Yellowstone from the OC California. Yellowstone is only two days away now. In Island Park overlooking the lake, I had a wonderful Salad and vegi-plate and oh boy I had ice-cream on bunt cake too! Camped at the Buffalo Run Campground.

No comments:

MySpace Tracker