Friday, August 03, 2007

Day 55 Mile 778-794

Enjoyed my last Yogurt Parfait and thanked Nick and Rob for Hosting me. Pushed on out and stopped to stretch on some grass just outside of town. Met with Rick and Rick who are asphalt layers and gave me a powerade drink to keep me going:-) Rick wanted accountability from the system and was tired of corruption. He had spent 3 years on probation for something he didn’t do because the legal system made him take the rap instead of dealing with corruption of the officers. The prosecutor in the case even stood up and said “this man is innocent” but it made no difference. He is also not happy with the situation of the nation and says that when the example set from above is one that corruption is tolerated and condoned then of course it will be a local problem too.

Walked along on this warm lovely day and came into the community of Rigby. Stopped at a sno-cone stand and met three delightful gals. They go to school at Brigham Young University in Rexburg. They asked for my autograph and one of them had seen me on TV. They told me to get a book of Mormon when I visited the school or that I should download it to listen on my iPod while I walk. They wanted a photo of me and I got one with them as well. They told me about their town and where they were from originally and about the lake where I could camp for the night. I had a raspberry and strawberry sno-cone.

I pushed on out of Rigby to the lake on the outside of town and set up camp. I met some other campers who had opted to tent instead of their Usual RV because gas prices were just to high to take the RV camping this year. There were hundreds of kids, teens and families out at the lake swimming and camping and boating. Its great!

As for me I’ve been a little fatigued and I think my new springs that I got in Boise are too stiff so I will need to get in touch with my Z-coil friends and see if I can get some different ones sent to the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha i'm one of those rigby girls! chyeah!

MySpace Tracker